This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Creativeguy on November 14th, 2023, 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Looks like the jackets in the film don't use velcro as I can only see snaps around the collar. They are also red on the inside of the colar and have no pockets up top or on the sleeves. I'm thinking they were custom made rather than off the shelf.
SpaceBallz liked this
The jackets look to be Wuxly Sabretooth II's. A snip at near $2000.
XenuPrime liked this
If it is the Wuxly, their website seems to have every color except for red in the Sabertooth II. I wonder if there's some kind of update/release planned for the jackets.

The collar doesn't look right, though, and there's a belt added to the jacket, so I'm thinking this is either a similar parka design from a different company or it was heavily modified by the GB costume department.

Either way, Magnoli is gonna make a SICK version of this in 5-7 years haha
SpaceBallz, edspengler liked this
Mercifull wrote: November 8th, 2023, 1:42 pm Oof £1500 for a jacket… anyone got leads on something similar but cheaper? lol.
I'm sure there'll be cheap knockoffs soon, I can't see anyone not jumping the gun with winter being within pissing distance.
Last edited by SpaceBallz on November 8th, 2023, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJSwitchPDX wrote: November 8th, 2023, 1:29 pm Either way, Magnoli is gonna make a SICK version of this in 5-7 years haha
That's fair. :boogieman:

Once we confirm the mods used in FE, we'll be making our own parka ASAP (hoping to beat out the release date of the film).
SpaceBallz, gamera1968, rolandblais and 2 others liked this
I'm already spotting a bunch of differences between the screen-worn coats and the Wuxly:
  • Shorter collar with snaps and probably hood removed
  • fob hooks added to the chest
  • horizontal black tape at the waist (the Wuxly has some at the top and lower chest, but not at the waist)
Will have to wait for more photos/vidoes, I think...
JCRJr3, DevGameDev, Ectopher liked this
Indy Magnoli wrote: November 8th, 2023, 2:10 pm
DJSwitchPDX wrote: November 8th, 2023, 1:29 pm Either way, Magnoli is gonna make a SICK version of this in 5-7 years haha
That's fair. :boogieman:

Once we confirm the mods used in FE, we'll be making our own parka ASAP (hoping to beat out the release date of the film).
Unfortunately I'm a pretty big boy, so I'll just have to appreciate your incredible work from a distance for now. Looking forward to seeing what you all do with this new movie!
What are we thinking about patch size. Looks a tad larger than the regular armpatch but not excessively so. Black “no” symbol, red background, white ghost (not possible to tell if this is embroidered or fabric though).
Indy Magnoli wrote: November 8th, 2023, 2:53 pm I'm already spotting a bunch of differences between the screen-worn coats and the Wuxly:
  • Shorter collar with snaps and probably hood removed
  • fob hooks added to the chest
  • horizontal black tape at the waist (the Wuxly has some at the top and lower chest, but not at the waist)
Will have to wait for more photos/vidoes, I think...
Yeah, I think like most of what they wardrobed vs. costumed for gear in AL, this is likely made in house with sourced fabric — if this isn’t already somehow a product placement/supplied at scale by a retailer (seems even less likely that a company knowing they’d have a jacket in a movie like this at their own expense would not have the colorway in circulation).

Many of the elements elicit a first responder/coast guard vibe (the elastic is clearly a parka style belt, complete witu built in loops).

The black chest accents are functional, but also asymmetric (not just bunched/contorted).
Last edited by DevGameDev on November 8th, 2023, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indy Magnoli liked this
Also, from the crew gift version ala Empire Strikes back, to the red/orange debate mirroring blue/brown (hell, the color doesn’t seem too far off from TFA resistance flightsuits)…

This feels like Gil’s fun little nod to the middle of another famous trilogy (while blending in elements of the GB1 hunting jacket, and RGB snow gear).

In the words of Kylo Ren: “good soup”.
gamera1968 liked this
Hopefully Adam Savage will delve more into the costumes and props for Frozen Empire like he did for Afterlife on his YouTube channel.
I'm sure most of us would like to have a closer look at what was added to the proton packs. For starters, namely the side of the power cell and nutrona wand.
I've snagged a similar(ish) red jacket second-hand. It's not particularly accurate but it's roughly the right colour and it has pockets on the front and a space on the arm for a patch. With some mods, it'll be fine. And at £9 it's a bit more friendly on the bank account than £1500!
Mercifull wrote: November 9th, 2023, 1:39 am I've snagged a similar(ish) red jacket second-hand. It's not particularly accurate but it's roughly the right colour and it has pockets on the front and a space on the arm for a patch. With some mods, it'll be fine. And at £9 it's a bit more friendly on the bank account than £1500!
Which brand did you go for? I'm looking at a few too - some are close, but none really have removable hoods, sadly.

Looks like I’ll be clearing some of my colle[…]

I know you didn’t ask me, but here’s[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Some new details on the Buffalo Ghostbusters' cele[…]

I'd love a photo of how you wired up the charging […]