Fritz wrote: November 15th, 2023, 8:34 am
hawkbatsquadron wrote: November 14th, 2023, 8:51 pm @gb_Watson on Instagram (Rich Watson Los Angeles Ghostbusters)
Kind of funny it's from GBLA, since they don't often need cold weather gear in LA. :lol:
Those comic-cons are gonna be reeeallllly stinky

Seems like there's lots of US patchmakers doing some really good work but I've not been happy with any UK offerings so far. So I have been working with a local embroidery company to see if they can do something for me without breaking the bank.
Between the Ghostbusters flight suit and the Mandalorian style flight suit I can tell you both are equally as hot, and with the heavy parka coming cons will indeed be very sweaty. But I think I might have found a lighter alternative if these guys are still doing business, or taking custom orders. I know iv'e floated the light speed rescue connection before but this screams Ghostheads come here.
Minus they aren't all red the jacket does have a similar design, it is half the cost.

https://www.sentaijackets.com/product-p ... ies-jacket

timeware wrote: November 18th, 2023, 6:05 pm Between the Ghostbusters flight suit and the Mandalorian style flight suit I can tell you both are equally as hot, and with the heavy parka coming cons will indeed be very sweaty. But I think I might have found a lighter alternative if these guys are still doing business, or taking custom orders. I know iv'e floated the light speed rescue connection before but this screams Ghostheads come here.
Minus they aren't all red the jacket does have a similar design, it is half the cost.

https://www.sentaijackets.com/product-p ... ies-jacket

Why is there a buckle/clip on their back?
Howdy y'all
:crunch:

I needed a thicker winter overcoat for dogwalks; so I joined the search and found and bought one of these:
https://wenaasusa.com/product/flame-retardant-parkas/

a Wenaas USA Antiflame Red Winter Parkas in a 'Tall' size Large that seems to retail for like ~230 but I didn't email them directly to confirm.

I'm 5'10'' and ~160lbs and wear a 44R-46R flight suit and the red Wenaas Antiflame Parka looks the part and fits me well; it goes down to just to above my knees, the collar is nice and high and stiff, the cotton material is meant to be an overcoat not a parka so it is reasonable to wear when it is above freezing, its got brass zippers, and it breathes well

I found it on eBay, but I've been having trouble finding sourcing for anywhere else to get them besides buying about 9 of them direct from Wenaas to meet their $2,000 direct purchase sales threshold. I just figured I'd share this option in case it helps anyone out with an alternative jacket that isn't puffy (I removed the reflective material from the arms) and looks the part pretty closely; at least in my opinion.

I'll post some pics later of the parka while I'm wearing my flight suit, but I just wanted to add the black no ghost patch and some velcro to attach the nametag I'm feeling like on that particular dogwalk ;)
I really don't think I'll do black horizontal strips... I got proton pack and wand work to get done!

Last edited by bworld on November 21st, 2023, 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kingpin liked this
Ectopher wrote: November 9th, 2023, 12:10 pm Also, a patch is now available:

https://gbpatches.com/products/black-no ... w-on-patch

Ordered two patches from this website, only received one and the seller's not responding to my emails.
SpaceBallz wrote: November 21st, 2023, 11:38 am
Ectopher wrote: November 9th, 2023, 12:10 pm Also, a patch is now available:

https://gbpatches.com/products/black-no ... w-on-patch

Ordered two patches from this website, only received one and the seller's not responding to my emails.
Ordered mine from there too. Says shipped, but I only ordered one, so shouldn't have any issues with missing items.

Given it looks to be the only screen accurate version available at the moment, I'd say they are likely getting a fair few orders in
I think I found a cheap alternative to the Wuxly. It wouldn't hurt to contact the company and see if they would take off patches and text, maybe change the lining to a Ghostbusters logo pattern? Sorry if this has been posted already. It was a quick pop up ad that caught my eye.

And heres the long link to the online store: https://www.temu.com/multi-pocket-windb ... paq0hjme50
timeware wrote: December 8th, 2023, 10:08 amIt wouldn't hurt to contact the company and see if they would take off patches and text, maybe change the lining to a Ghostbusters logo pattern?
They're not going to go to that kind of effort for a few Ghostbusters fans.
gamera1968 wrote: November 8th, 2023, 9:11 pm Hopefully Adam Savage will delve more into the costumes and props for Frozen Empire like he did for Afterlife on his YouTube channel.
I'm sure most of us would like to have a closer look at what was added to the proton packs. For starters, namely the side of the power cell and nutrona wand.
Adam interviewed me and a few more of the SFX crew for the making of . So you will learn loads there
gamera1968 liked this
PukieDoug wrote: December 8th, 2023, 2:37 pm
gamera1968 wrote: November 8th, 2023, 9:11 pm Hopefully Adam Savage will delve more into the costumes and props for Frozen Empire like he did for Afterlife on his YouTube channel.
I'm sure most of us would like to have a closer look at what was added to the proton packs. For starters, namely the side of the power cell and nutrona wand.
Adam interviewed me and a few more of the SFX crew for the making of . So you will learn loads there
That's great to hear, so thank you for the heads-up.
Here, you earned it :crunch:

Since Adam is a fan, I was hoping that was the case. I have a feeling we'll be looking forward to that.
PukieDoug wrote: December 8th, 2023, 2:37 pm
Is there more black nylon on the back of the parkas?
SpaceBallz wrote: December 16th, 2023, 8:40 am ...I guess we're just doing ANY red jackets we can find? :lol:
Mines Grey! ImageOnce we get the patches from Hasbro I think i'll throw the engineering patch on it. Maybe tie the ID Card to the jacket zipper like it were a ski pass. Plus, I have a custom name tag ready to go. If no ones thought about it yet, using different colored parka's would be a good way for franchises to stand out state to state.
SpaceBallz liked this

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]