Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By LeoCor Replicas
Is it ever said anywhere what the Ghostbusters usually charge for a service, or how their charges work? Like is a class 5 haunting going to cost more than a class 3?

I know that Egon signals Peter to charge the manager of the Sedgewick $5000 for that job ($4000 for entrapment, $1000 for proton charging), but I assumed that was simply due to it being their first bust, and they figured they could squeeze the guy for a higher charge. Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the standard pricing for a job, especially after getting contractor work in California done. Adjusting for inflation, the cost is roughly triple today, so they'd now be charging about $15,000.
By WCat2000
Well they did regular house calls too. I highly doubt they’d charge the average person $4-5000. That was definitely because it was the first job. They just opened and needed money. The last of the petty cash was spent on dinner.

I’m sure as things balanced out they came up with a proper way to charge people.
By zeta otaku
And knowing Venkman, he had a sliding scale of costs between residential and commercial/industrial cases. Then you have to figure in other variables of what they're called out there for, how much of a pain it was to do the job, and if the person(s) they're dealing with are an ass.
By LeoCor Replicas
zeta otaku wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 5:43 am And knowing Venkman, he had a sliding scale of costs between residential and commercial/industrial cases. Then you have to figure in other variables of what they're called out there for, how much of a pain it was to do the job, and if the person(s) they're dealing with are an ass.
Exactly what I was thinking.
By LeoCor Replicas
One wonders. Sort of like calling firefighters or police. Ghostbusters as a public service, though I imagine they charge for particularly large jobs, or as you said jobs done for commercial or industrial calls.
By Kingpin
Hairy Biker wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 7:26 pm And now that Zeddemore Industries owns Ghostbusters now, will it be free?
:boogieman:

While Winston is obviously very generous with his funding, from helping to keep Ray's store open, to keeping ownership of (or repurchasing) the Firehouse, and him pouring money into reopening Ghostbusters, he's not going to run it as a non-profit... Though I definitely would assume he'd try make it more affordable and available to the people of New York who aren't affluent.
By DrMadKatz
Man at Elevator: What are you supposed to be, some kind of a cosmonaut?
Dr. Peter Venkman: No, we're exterminators. Someone saw a cockroach up on twelve.
Man at Elevator: That's gotta be some cockroach.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Bite your head off, man.
Dr. Raymond Stantz:Going up?
Man at Elevator: I'll take the next one.

Seems that our heros , the GhostBusters, being compared to Exterminators ....... so run with that .

What would Orco ( a popular bug killing and spraying service ) charge to get rid of Cockroaches ?

A rental is gonna have a different rate than a million-dollar commercial business .

Spraying for bugs in an Apartment is gonna be alot quicker and less square footage to cover than a multi-floor Hotel .
Location might effect the price as well as what Kind of Bug .
Cockroaches ..... basic price.
Cockroaches from Joe's Apartment is gonna be extra.
Bugs from The CandyMan ..............yeah ,......F` that. That gonna be a huge amount of cash upfront , in large duffle bags .
LeoCor Replicas liked this
That's a good question. When the 2009 game was out I feel they were paid from the city as they say all invoices go through the city.

As for charges, likely has to do with the extent of services they provide. If packs or proton charging is used then I imagine that will up the cost significantly.
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]