Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Sorry if this is old news.

For those who don't know, the very limited edition Ghostbusters Ultimate Collection included a new (old) version of the original 1984 movie. A work in progress version.

For those who are unable to find a copy of the entire Ultimate Collection, a Reddit user has made just the workprint cut from this collection, a 4.7gb file available on Google Drive, it includes the commentary track.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links so you'll have to look on Reddit yourself. The file was made available a year ago and is still there which leads me to think there isn't a copyright issue.
One time wrote: September 27th, 2023, 9:54 am The file was made available a year ago and is still there which leads me to think there isn't a copyright issue.
It most definitely is a copyright issue.
The workprint may be 39-40 years old, but it was only released fully (or near-fully) in 2021... Plus copyright on a film (and I'd assume even a workprint version) lasts 70 years after the death of the director, script writers and the composer.

It's likely still there because the powers that be haven't become aware of it yet.
prodestrian, deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: September 27th, 2023, 12:19 pm
One time wrote: September 27th, 2023, 9:54 am The file was made available a year ago and is still there which leads me to think there isn't a copyright issue.
It most definitely is a copyright issue.
The workprint may be 39-40 years old, but it was only released fully (or near-fully) in 2021... Plus copyright on a film (and I'd assume even a workprint version) lasts 70 years after the death of the director, script writers and the composer.

It's likely still there because the powers that be haven't become aware of it yet.
Thanks for the info. If this post infringes on any DMCA feel free to remove it.

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]