By Rob1
I’ve 3D printed a set of goggles and managed to find a new set of foam for the actual PVS-5 frames that clip into the frame. What I’m looking for is the snaps that hold that foam onto the frame and the snaps that hold on the goggle straps. Has anyone been able to source these two different snaps?
By CPU64
You can find the strap snaps at Walmart, Michael's, Joan fabrics... The pad snaps are a bit smaller and not as available. I'm sure others can point you in the right direction
Rob1 liked this
By Rob1
Thanks for the reply, there is a Michael's near by that I’ll try for. Most of the places online are like you suggest, they have the strap snaps. None of them seem to have the pad snaps, or they are the fabric only style. I still have some time before I get that far. I’m still in the primer/filler stage.
By Rob1
It appears this thread may be the one your talking about?
viewtopic.php?t=43606
Now, I’m hoping he remembers where he got them as it’s been 2 years. I’m also in a sudden need to get the files for the interior plate he’s using. That is exactally what I’m looking to do with mine, electrics and all!
By NotSabbat
Awhile back I was looking for the size of the snaps as well. I do not remember where I saw it, but I did find some good information on the size of those snaps. I wasn't able to find the thread with the information in it (there are a LOT of goggle builds), but I did find the snaps I ordered. They were Line 24 snaps. The "line 24" is the size of the snaps and they are pretty common. So if all else fails a set of line 24 snaps should work well for you.
Rob1 liked this
By Rob1
Looks as though Line 24 are pretty popular. I'll see if I can't find a set that includes the snapes for the foam face cushion too!
It just dawned on me, your (NotSabbat) the designer of the goggle frame and front plate I've printed. Thank you, it looks perfect! Just finished 2nd coat of primer after laying down some filler. I'm going to attempt reworking the front plate to somehow incorporate a LED graph and power light. Maybe add some in lens lights too.
By NotSabbat
Rob1 wrote: September 10th, 2019, 11:06 pm Looks as though Line 24 are pretty popular. I'll see if I can't find a set that includes the snapes for the foam face cushion too!
It just dawned on me, your (NotSabbat) the designer of the goggle frame and front plate I've printed. Thank you, it looks perfect! Just finished 2nd coat of primer after laying down some filler. I'm going to attempt reworking the front plate to somehow incorporate a LED graph and power light. Maybe add some in lens lights too.
Thank you! Im really glad the community is getting use from the files.
I look forward to seeing what you do with your build.

In case you weren't aware, you can get some really good lens files from this thread: "viewtopic.php?f=12&t=43597"
By Rob1
NotSabbat wrote:
Rob1 wrote: September 10th, 2019, 11:06 pm Looks as though Line 24 are pretty popular. I'll see if I can't find a set that includes the snapes for the foam face cushion too!
Thank you! Im really glad the community is getting use from the files.
I look forward to seeing what you do with your build.

In case you weren't aware, you can get some really good lens files from this thread: "viewtopic.php?f=12&t=43597"
Those are the lenses I have printed!
Now, here is what I want to do with the inside of the goggles http://gbfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43606
I can't seem to reach the owner of those files and it seems many have already asked for them with no response. His plate also installs from the back. Is this type of plate something that's easily made?
By NotSabbat
The shapes are pretty basic, so they would be easy to make as an STL, but the objects used would have to be known dimensions unless you just wanted to print out to display and glue them in there. Sadly Im super busy right now, so I likely wont be able to play around with it for bit, but its an interesting idea to put the details on the inside like that.
By Rob1
I’m searching for parts that may fit such a cramped area. I’ll try to mock it up in Fusion but I’m super new to cad software and not sure im able to pull it off. Once I get the electronics working I’ll have a better idea of what needs to be done.
NotSabbat liked this
By abritinthebay
I know it's a bit of a necro-post but I anted to reply to this thread as this is something I have been researching recently.

The goggle padding snaps *were* made by DOT Fasteners (sometimes also by DOT & TRW Fasteners, depending on year) but do not seem to be made anymore (they do not list anything like them in their catalogue). Like several other products they make they were 27/64ths in diameter (10.7mm). If anyone knows of a milspec for a press-snap, please let me know: I have been unable to find one.

A note on the other snaps/studs on the goggles: there is one hex shaped stud (in the top middle) and the rest are different round snaps. Usefully these are all milspec so it's reasonably easy to find this still in the DOT catalogue:

Hex Snap:
MilSpec #: NASM27983-3
Dot: Stud 92-BS-18303--1C, Government Black Finish, attached to 93-BS-10413--1C Post.

Round Snap:
MilSpec #: NASM27980-7B
Dot: Stud 93-BS-10370--1C, Government Black Finish, attached to a 93-BS-10412--1C Post (MilSpec NASM27980-8B)
AJ Quick, wralex liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]