Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Hello,

I've always enjoyed the various Comic Book Universes but very rarely ever actually read comic books. I probably only owned a handful of individual comics in my life. Something about the serialized nature and needing to get the latest issue every week always led me to be concerned about getting behind.

I've always been much more of a novel reader and my brain is wired with various speed reading and comprehension techniques. My mind is aware of the process of reading a novel.

So now that many different old and new comics from Marvel to Star Wars are being offered on tablets like my Kindle Fire, I've been interesting if giving the art form a new shot. There are some older Star Wars comics like Dark Empire that I have always been aware of but never actually read and more and more of the classic Marvel compilations are now available.

My problem is that when I get some of the free samples on the Kindle I have a hard time figuring out how I am actually suppose to read them. Do I read the dialogue/text bubbles first and then look at the background art? Do I start from left to right or top to bottom? Or should I look at the background of a particular panel and then read the text?Anyone have any suggestions for a really silly problem?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic ... &t=1191689
Infographic Video Production Service

Thank you
Interesting question, but I understand your problem.
Ultimately, you are going to have to find a comfortable way to read comics. I recommend taking in a sip of the page art (similar to reading a paper prior to editing) this might help with the layout. Then, I would read the story and focus on panels the art of panels that are dynamic or speak to you.

I hope this helps. If your question is specific to e comics, then good luck. That feels weird to me generally.
Comics do typically read; top left, to bottom right. Sometimes panels will be laid out across two page spreads, and sometimes there's only one panel on a page (those are referred to as a splash page).

I've been read comics for almost 30 years and sometimes the traditional way of reading is ignored which can lead to momentary confusion. If you follow the top left to bottom right "rule" you'd read the pages/panels the same way you'd read lines in a book. You can usually tell if they're leading your eye elsewhere if they do things like have the characters overlapping the frames but 99% of the time it's the same as reading a book.

It sounds like you're just not sure where to look because the pages are too busy. That will wear off the more you read them, but it can still happen from time to time. Especially when something exciting is going on and it's hard to stop your eye from wandering a head to know what happens.

As for reading panels/bubbles? There is no established practice. I'd recommend picking an order and making yourself stick to it. I usually read the bubbles, then look at the art. If there's two characters talking, I'll read the first bubble, scan the panel as my eye looks for the second. The more you read them, the more you'll find the flow.

E-comics feel weird to me as well. I think it's just the fact you're not actually holding them so personally I lose sense of where I am on a page because there's no physical top or bottom to reference with your peripheral vision.

Hope that helps.
I have two options for you:
1 - Choose the top full size tablet (iPad Air – 9.7″ screen or Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro – 12.2″ Screen) and there are many more of them, depending on price and features;
2 - Look for the websites where you can read comics, such as Readcomicstv or Comixology. Though, there are some of them which require to pay for reading.
Hope that helps.
timbetancourt wrote: July 31st, 2018, 3:55 am I have two options for you:
1 - Choose the top full size tablet (iPad Air – 9.7″ screen or Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro – 12.2″ Screen) and there are many more of them, depending on price and features;
2 - Look for the websites where you can read comics, such as Readcomicstv or Comixology. Though, there are some of them which require to pay for reading.
Hope that helps.
Worthwhile suggestions, however the original poster was a spambot.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]