For users in: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, & Wyoming.
By egie
Yes that was a great meeting! RCCC is marked on the calender! Sorry I had to leave early, did I miss anything? What decision did you guys come to about the franchise logo?
groschopf liked this
By egie
By the way if you guys are interested in a build day I think it would be awesome to try one of those so I can get some work done on my pack. Whenever people want to, we could work it out :grin:
By egie
Oh and one last thing, dont waste your time searching big lots for ghost traps. The guy who posted it turned out to be messing with us. :?
By RoseCityBuster
Ok, I just heard back from Switch regarding the podcast. He can fit us in soon, but he says one or two at the most would be ideal to interview. I think one committee member would be ideal and another member. Is there anyone who really wants to be a guest on the podcast? Message me if you have a preference.
By pseadynamo
Hello again. I bought a ticket for Saturday 9/21 and since Jason G. is the only person I have met from Portland (and that was for like 8 min at ECCC) I was hoping someone could tell me when everyone plans to arrive on Saturday? Is there a meet up place?
By RoseCityBuster
Also does anyone else want to be on the podcast? Otherwise MyraC and I will do it. I'll see if we can make it 3 if Egie wants to be on.
By egie
That would be cool but if it doesnt work out I understand
By DeadRoach
Looks like Ghostbusters is playing at the Academy Theater through Thursday. 35mm apparently a good print!
By Ecto-1 fan
Since I'm a car nut, here's an event to think about. I've copied the text from the c/l ad (I have nothing to do with it, just passing along some info).

"Join us at the 21st annual Collector Car Drive In Movie Night on Saturday, September 7th at the 99W Drive In Theater in Newberg. This event is sponsored by the Edsel Owners Club and it's open to ALL vehicles. The gates open at 6:00pm and the movie starts at dusk. This year we'll have a special showing of the original 1984 hit, "Ghostbusters", starring Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis.

We're expecting a large crowd at this event, which is like attending a car show with the added fun of a drive in movie! The cost is $8.00 for adults, 6 to 11 years old is $5.00 and children under 5 are free. Don't forget to bring an FM radio.

The 99W Drive In is located on Highway 99 in Newberg, just west of the Springbrook Road intersection (across the street from McDonald's)."
By egie
DeadRoach wrote:Looks like Ghostbusters is playing at the Academy Theater through Thursday. 35mm apparently a good print!
Today thursday or next week thursday? Also according to my phone you posted that january 1970 :P
By egie
Mistake :S
Last edited by egie on August 22nd, 2013, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By egie
Sorry my phone is being problematic
Last edited by egie on August 22nd, 2013, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By egie
Ecto-1 fan wrote:Since I'm a car nut, here's an event to think about. I've copied the text from the c/l ad (I have nothing to do with it, just passing along some info).

"Join us at the 21st annual Collector Car Drive In Movie Night on Saturday, September 7th at the 99W Drive In Theater in Newberg. This event is sponsored by the Edsel Owners Club and it's open to ALL vehicles. The gates open at 6:00pm and the movie starts at dusk. This year we'll have a special showing of the original 1984 hit, "Ghostbusters", starring Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis.

We're expecting a large crowd at this event, which is like attending a car show with the added fun of a drive in movie! The cost is $8.00 for adults, 6 to 11 years old is $5.00 and children under 5 are free. Don't forget to bring an FM radio.

The 99W Drive In is located on Highway 99 in Newberg, just west of the Springbrook Road intersection (across the street from McDonald's)."
This sounds like lots of fun! i think we should look into it more, it would be awesome!
By pseadynamo
Ecto-1 fan wrote:Since I'm a car nut, here's an event to think about. I've copied the text from the c/l ad (I have nothing to do with it, just passing along some info).

Just out of curiosity here. Does anyone have (or spotted) an Ecto-1, 1959 Cadillac version, in the Portland area? It would be cool to see one up close. I have only seen one from behind distantly placed velvet ropes.
By RoseCityBuster
I've never seen one at all (outside of pics on GBfans, and the films of course) let alone one in Portland. But if there was, that would be an awesome group project.

Sent from my PKE meter.
By Ecto-1 fan
I knew of a '59 MM hearse for sale around 2004-2005 in the Portland area, but don't know whatever happened to it. I also know of someone that has both a '59 Superior and a '59 MM. But I don't believe either are for sale.

An acquaintance of mine had 2 '60 Superior hearses, but I believe both sold.. But as far as I know, nobody out here has an Ecto that is anywhere close to real.
Mine is based on a '95 hearse, and isn't super realistic. It works ok as a Halloween costume. And Bradester has one based on an '89 Buick Century wagon. There is ~something~ in Spokane, an Explorer if I remember correctly?

Not sure if that helps too much, but that's what I'm aware of in the PNW.
By pseadynamo
Well my boss (aka wife) says I'm not allowed to sink that much money into a car. HOWEVER...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3994151780.html

Its a 1964 but I really wish I had $4100.00 for his one... it needs some fixing up. maybe not as much as the one in the movie. lol

Dr Ray Stantz: [gets out] Everybody can relax, I found the car. Needs some suspension work and shocks. Brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear-end.
Dr. Peter Venkman: How much?
Dr Ray Stantz: Only $4800.
[Venkman looks shocked]
Dr Ray Stantz: Also new rings, mufflers, a little wiring.
By egie
That one is pretty nice looking! So is anyone going to the drive in GB showing? If not I will probably still go, but not in uniform. I think it would be a great group event though!
By RoseCityBuster
I'd love to go to the movie. It would be great to show up in an Ecto. What do you think Ecto 1?

Sent from my PKE meter.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]