jackdoud wrote:Looking great! Those hydrolic fittings had to have set you back a pretty penny. TJ researched them a couple years ago and suppliers wanted $40-$50 each for them.

Ebay- I love it. I got the quick connects six females for $60 and the three males for $20 more or less. The one on the ball was the nut buster, having to deal with the distributer, blindly, ask question they don't know the answer to and having them get the items shipped from Parker then waiting for them to call and then driving in 30 miles to find out they had the wrong part, stuck paying for it and then having to reorder the next size up. They didn't have a fully stocked store, they didn't even have the quick connects.
Cyland Props wrote:Image
Wait a damn minute! You made more then just a a handle and an end cap there.......You made BLUE PRINTS! Gimme!
BlkMesaHero wrote:
Wait a damn minute! You made more then just a a handle and an end cap there.......You made BLUE PRINTS! Gimme!

Yeah I drew up full scale plans, they are big each page is 17" X 22" and the back/front one is three pages tall. I don't have a scanner that will handle anything close to 17"X 22" . Like I said earlier I'll post pictures and probably some drawings with measurements, using those along with my pictures of my build you should be able to build one just as nice.

Everytime I see this picture:
....Or walk by the pack I just have to stop and say dam , I love it! Yeah a little bragging........
Brother, that is beautiful prop to behold. You have a good eye. Also I was just poking you about the blue prints, I just thought that is was too cool that you made them.
christphern wrote:You pick up an AME Mountain Zone BMX grip set yet, Cy?

It looks great. I can't wait to see what you've come up with. I also now have a serious, SERIOUS burning desire to start my own build. Darnit. I hate not having the money spare. :( One day...

Yeap, you can order them from their website:

http://www.amegrips.com/mountain-bike/mtb-bike

Their checkout kind of sucks, you get no real confirmation to your order but I got them.
BlkMesaHero wrote:Brother, that is beautiful prop to behold. You have a good eye. Also I was just poking you about the blue prints, I just thought that is was too cool that you made them.

Well how else would I make sure that things fit together? Hmmm. :-D

Most of my builds start off with a blueprint or an idea of what I want. I think the giga-meter was probably the good example of just doing the build based on pictures, I just sat down with the scubber, a file and a sheet of styrene and went to town. Something as big as the Slimeblower with so many parts just needed blueprints so I could figure out how everything fits in, get a three dimensional view without building it first. The "front/back" view was drawn as looking at it from the front and I mounted it to foam core and a pack frame so I could wear it to get a read on the tanks and lights. I made it adjustable so I could change the height of the tanks:

I even went as far as making a graphic of the stripe at the size I thought it was based on the box next to it. Later when shopping for the tape I used it as a size reference to find the correct stuff, yeah I found it!
By Kingpin
Would I be correct in guessing that you snapped up those lights quite a while back? They look pretty close in design, and most of the online sources seem to have dried up a few years back.
By XxEctOxX
man i really wanna build one now after seeing this. how much you think this build is gonna run you?
Yeah, I am getting that itch too Fernando.
XxEctOxX wrote:man i really wanna build one now after seeing this. how much you think this build is gonna run you?

Well, it was spread out over several months and I used some stuff I already had:

Pack frame- ? I have several kicking around, I've been picking them up at swapmeets, I have a freind at a surplus yard that gave me a couple because they were broken.

Quick connects both pieces $90 + shipping
4" and 5" Plastructs domes and a handfull of other parts $51.00
I had the the 6" domes
Tube for gun $40
Tubes for two tanks, .040 aluminum sheet for boxes 2' X4' , 1/8" and 1/4" sheet for power supply suppports and alumnium for heatsinks, and tank support $65

Leather $34 for 11.2 square feet. (For the vest)
Elbow for ball and reducer $30
Lights for boxes and gun $30
Project boxes $15
Aluminum cup for end cap $5
Hose for ball to power box $17 for 20 feet I only need about 6" .OUCH. Needless to say I have extra.
The grips were like $13 shipped.
Model kit was like $19 off ebay. Retails for around $30.

I bought a couple of tools:

41/2" cut size Horizonal bandsaw to cut the tanks and gun body and other aluminum- $200. While the cut size is 4 1/2" all you have to do is rotate the piece in the vise and you can cut bigger pieces.My other bandsaw is a vertical 3" cut height with a 12" throat, just wasn't going to cut it. What's great about the new saw is that you just set up your part, turn it on, place the blade and walk away. When it's done it turns itself off.

Pipe threading die set for the gun pipes - $30 . I'm using aluminum for the gun pipes so it needs to be threaded, this works awesome.
Cyland Props wrote:You mean these?

Yeah I got a set of those...........but they are not going on my Slimeblower.
Any one know where you can get some of theses?
By Kingpin
That's the $24,00 question, even within the last five years or so they were becoming quite scarce, now they've probably all been discontinued in favor of LED bicycle lamps... so eBay and thrift shops are probably going to be your best bets.

A couple I found years back were listed as halogen lamps, so you may wish to use that as one of your search criteria.
if i could get some measurements i could model up the body of it and leave the wiring part for you to figure out after you assemble it.
Kingpin wrote:That's the $24,00 question, even within the last five years or so they were becoming quite scarce, now they've probably all been discontinued in favor of LED bicycle lamps... so eBay and thrift shops are probably going to be your best bets.

A couple I found years back were listed as halogen lamps, so you may wish to use that as one of your search criteria.

You could probably just buy my set of King Sword lights ( the cheap knock offs) or find a pair of the real lights:

Real left, knock off right.
Ok it's been a while, I've been out on vacation for the last two weeks, visiting family, camping, fishing, drinking and smoking cigars. I needed that! I've done a bit more work on the pack and gun but didn't take any pictures, I was too busy getting ready for vacation.

I'm in the home stretch on this build. Just wait to see what I have planed for the rest of the parts. I've tried to use as many original parts as possible. It took a pure lack of tools for me to make a few parts so I had to improvise but it's coming out great.

I got a couple of PM's about the flashlights on the tanks first off I don't know of any source for the King Sword lights I bought mine years ago when they were available.

Sprinkler head? Naw just a +/- 2" round chunk of 1/4" aluminum with channels filed in with a round file. It's what was used.
belldandy4087 wrote:
Cyland Props wrote:You mean these?

Yeah I got a set of those...........but they are not going on my Slimeblower.
Any one know where you can get some of theses?
Well the originals were made by Cat Eye model # HL-300, they seem to be real hard to find. I found one used and then a couple near new. The red tail lights come up on e-bay al the time but the clear ones are real hard to find.
jackdoud wrote:
Cyland Props wrote:Well the originals were made by Cat Eye model # HL-300,
I heard they were Variflex Model B-043's sometimes sold under the name Cycle Force.

I've got three, they are without a doubt Cat Eye, infact there are two red ones up on ebay right now. The body is marked in the mold CATEYE Model HL-300 TSUYAMA MFG CO LTD. and the lense has Cateye and their logo along with HL-300. Their is also some unique markings on the sides that match.

Trust me they arn't Variflex.
By AJ Quick
I'm sure they are all the same.

They probably just bought them from Japan (or Taiwan or China in some cases).. and sold them under their own name.

Tsuyama MFG is the company that holds the US patent on them:

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=pts&tb ... &q=4586113
http://www.google.com/search?tbm=pts&tb ... &q=4597031
http://www.google.com/search?tbm=pts&tb ... &q=D287887
Cyland Props wrote:
Cyland Props wrote:Teaser shot of blueprints
... I don't have a scanner that will handle anything close to 17"X 22".
How far away is your nearest Kinkos? A 17x22 sheet of paper is nothing to them - they could scan it for you and put it on whatever digital media you'd like.

Also I know you've heard this before, but you deserve to hear it again: fantastic job on this slime blower, man! It's definitely the best I've ever seen.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]