By Reppert7
Thinking about commissioning a pack from this guy. Has been professional and very quick to respond. Of course he’s newly doing packs and don’t know anything about his work. Has anyone worked with him or by chance have a pack from him yet?

Here’s his YouTube of his “84” pack

https://youtu.be/s2ITWqvChdM

Tell me what you guys think. Everything I’m reading seems high quality and I like who I’m dealing with. I’m just afraid of the huge investment on someone that doesn’t have much of a reputation in the community yet.
By NotSabbat
I would wait to get a few more opinions, but its looking pretty good to me. The orange skin texture looks really good, the individual components look to be quality, the welds look really good too and thats a very common thing to not get right. Everything looks really well done and the spots that people commonly get wrong like the angle on the power cell ribs, the flared space to the left of where the vacuum tube goes into the mechbox is correct (a lot of people don't make it flared), the brass ion arm is knurled like its supposed to be, etc. The gun appears to be spot on and that bar graph is really nice. Likely he got a lot of the components from GBFans.

The only real negative I see is that the crank knob seems to be a resin cast and the little handle part doesnt rotate. Should be pretty easy to fix with the reproduction crank knobs sold here from GBFans.

Its honestly probably only $2k because he doesn't have a reputation yet.

You could probably ask him where the shell and electronics came from just for a clearer picture of the build, but if I was going to spend $2k on a pack, I could do a lot worse.
Last edited by NotSabbat on July 25th, 2020, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reppert7 liked this
By Reppert7
Love this bud, thank you for the advice, that’s exactly what I was thinking, everything seems to be spot on with his pack which is why I’ve been excited about finding him.

Supposedly he gets his shells or parts from Benofkent, not sure of electronics but It seems like rabid or ninja. But I did ask him for any customer references and I also emailed Beniarie to see if he can vouch for him at all
NotSabbat liked this
By Corey91
NotSabbat wrote: July 25th, 2020, 8:18 pm like the angle on the power cell ribs, the flared space to the left of where the vacuum tube goes into the mechbox is correct (a lot of people don't make it flared)

Could you explain these two things a little more?
By NotSabbat
Reppert7 wrote: July 25th, 2020, 8:29 pm Love this bud, thank you for the advice, that’s exactly what I was thinking, everything seems to be spot on with his pack which is why I’ve been excited about finding him.

Supposedly he gets his shells or parts from Benofkent
Glad to be of help, though while I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about proton packs, I am no master, so take that as you will.

Also Benofkent does really good stuff. I wonder if he supplies GBFans?

Corey91 wrote: July 26th, 2020, 12:17 am
NotSabbat wrote: July 25th, 2020, 8:18 pm like the angle on the power cell ribs, the flared space to the left of where the vacuum tube goes into the mechbox is correct (a lot of people don't make it flared)

Could you explain these two things a little more?
Sure.

Proton Props on the left Sony pack on the right. The ribs are not all parallel. Its something that is missed a LOT when people build their own because the brain wants to organize it. There are lots of little details like that on the pack.

Proton Props on the left Sony pack on the right. a lot of people building their own shells will make that part straight across rather than bell shaped. Hope that makes sense.
Reppert7, Corey91, Kingpin liked this
By tobycj
Dave is a pretty experienced prop builder, and his own stuff is really high quality, so I'd fully expect his packs to be great.
Reppert7 liked this
By UglyLittleSpud_props
I actually won the raffle Proton Props held over the weekend and, so far, the guy has been super cool to deal with.

I will definitely be posting updates when the pack starts to come together and I will get some glamour shots up when it arrives in a couple months.

Feel free to find me on Instagram @uglylittlespud_props
tobycj, NotSabbat, cristovalc and 1 others liked this
By Dr.D
I am just now seeing they held a contest. Very envious of your win, the packs look amazing.
By Anpuhotep
Ugly Little Spud,
Did you actually get the pack? I won the raffle in November 2020 and still have not received it and he's ghosted me in the last year and a half. I was super excited and now I'm just very disappointed.
Jason
By OBSIDIAN
Anpuhotep wrote: March 18th, 2024, 6:57 pm Ugly Little Spud,
Did you actually get the pack? I won the raffle in November 2020 and still have not received it and he's ghosted me in the last year and a half. I was super excited and now I'm just very disappointed.
Jason
He posted a photo of it on Instagram on December 3, 2020.
By RealGhostbusterJay
If anyone here is still pondering ordering from this vendor check the other topic for them in this "Proton Pack" section.
By Mercifull
The live draw was broadcast yesterday evening at about 8pm UK time (BST). Prior to the draw a list of 301 tickets were announced, raising more than £6,300 at £20.99 each ticket. Two thirds of the lottery tickets were in the hands of just 41 people who bought more than 1 ticket each. Twelve people bought 5 or more tickets and one person bought 24 tickets (costing more than £500). The winner was picked by Google's random number generator. The winner was a person who had bought 4 tickets.
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]