Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
My son is a massive Ghostbusters fan and beyond excited for the new movie. However, he is on the spectrum and does have some difficulties with sound sensitivity. Mostly when it comes to jump scares (out of nowhere). We are planning to take him this weekend but was curious for anyone who has seen the movie, how are the jump scares as I am hearing there are a lot. Though it may contain spoilers, I was wondering what were the jump scares (how many) and when in the movie? When it comes to this we would normally prepare him when one is about to happen which he does good with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I believe the film avoids what we would typically describe as jumpscares... At least intentional ones, however, there are a lot of moments where there are loud, sudden moments of sound that might be uncomfortable, or distressing for him.

As detailing all the moments that I can remember would effectively result in me writing a synopsis of the film, it might be best if you go see the film yourself first if you're able to, then you can gauge if you think he'd be able to enjoy it without it affecting him via his sound sensitivity.
There were several families with young children in my theater, and the worst reactions and scares actually seemed to come from the Trailers before hand.
I guess due to Ghostbusters being viewed as a blended horror/comedy/family film, the trailers before it in my showing ranged from Minions and Garfield to Omen and Tarot, the latter of which had several jump scares in the trailer that made several kids very upset.

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]