By lukey-boy
hey guys. just painting my legris elbows grey. just wondered.... should i paint the orange end grey? or do i need to remove them? same with the legris straights? do i need to remove them orange ends?
By hooker
lukey-boy wrote:hey guys. just painting my legris elbows grey. just wondered.... should i paint the orange end grey? or do i need to remove them? same with the legris straights? do i need to remove them orange ends?
Here are what the real elbows look like for reference. I would try and trim down and paint the orange a gold or brass color.
By section33
you should be able to trim the orange part and brass it with some model paint.

Also nice to see my fanart in use with the avatar
By mburkit
I think the only problem with cutting the orange lip off is it will make it difficult to remove the vinyl tubing from the fitting then without the orange lip. That is the only reason I didn't do this exact same thing.

If someone could speak up and say if they have done this already and don't have any problems removing the tubing from the fitting when needed, I might consider modifying my elbows as well.
By Syco54645
i cut mine off
By AJ Quick
mburkit wrote:I think the only problem with cutting the orange lip off is it will make it difficult to remove the vinyl tubing from the fitting then without the orange lip. That is the only reason I didn't do this exact same thing.

If someone could speak up and say if they have done this already and don't have any problems removing the tubing from the fitting when needed, I might consider modifying my elbows as well.
I don't think it would be a huge issue. You rarely remove the tubing and I think you would still be able to get it out with a sharp point to depress the part you cut off.. or to just slice the tubing to remove it.
By mburkit
AJ Quick wrote:
mburkit wrote:I think the only problem with cutting the orange lip off is it will make it difficult to remove the vinyl tubing from the fitting then without the orange lip. That is the only reason I didn't do this exact same thing.

I don't think it would be a huge issue. You rarely remove the tubing and I think you would still be able to get it out with a sharp point to depress the part you cut off.. or to just slice the tubing to remove it.
Yeah, I guess it's not that big of a deal. I just like to be able to remove anything on my pack if I need/want to. I've already undone my tubing once to sand them down with fine sandpaper to dull them up a little. There is a very good chance though that I will probably never undo them again. Unless of course I decide to cut the orange lip off them that is, haha.
By lukey-boy
wicked. that answers my question. i dont think ill be removing any tubing once ive put it 2gether. so ill remove the orange tip. cheers guys. oh and yeah section33... i thought the fan art was brillaint:)
By kind2311
cut off the orange flat piece leaving part of the orange "neck" behind, then paint that remaining piece with testors gold. these were done that way on my old pack:

By mburkit
Okay, after participating in this thread, I have decided to modify my SMC elbows to look like first gen. Legris elbows. I got rid of the orange lip; sprayed them with grey primer for a darker grey; and painted the tip of them with metallic brass enamel paint. They actually look pretty good! And I tested them, if you need to remove the hose from them, just use some pliers and depress the tip.

Here's how mine came out.

By kind2311
Perfect Matt!

I dont want to see any more stock SMC elbows on peoples pack after this thread!
By mburkit
kind2311 wrote:Perfect Matt!

I dont want to see any more stock SMC elbows on peoples pack after this thread!
Thanks for the complement! Yeah, the krylon gray primer was a perfect match for the shade of gray the legris are.

I'm debating about doing something similar to my nycoil banjos on my gun. Might take the lip off and paint the red plastic with the brass enamel paint so they look more like legris banjos from the first movie.
By abritinthebay
Holy necro-post Batman! This thread is 13yrs old Caboose!

Legris elbows (the correct ones) are almost impossible to find now. Your best bet are replicas from castings or 3D prints. Lots available on Etsy, eBay, and often on here too
By tobycj
EctoCaboose wrote: August 27th, 2022, 8:26 pm I’m trying to find my own for my pack… any links?

They don’t seem to be up on gbfans :love:
You can get modern SMC elbows that with some minor modifications and a repaint are passable enough as legris elbows.

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]