Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By fleming421
Just watched the Blu-ray release of Afterlife for the first time, since I hadn't seen it since it was in the theater. I noticed a couple of edits from the theatrical cut:

In Gozer's temple, where the years of disasters were carved into the wall, it says "2021" now. I think it used to say "2019", since that was when the movie was originally planned to be released.

Also related to Gozer, after Phoebe says Gozer "isn't a he or a she", in the theatrical release, I remember Phoebe referred to Gozer in a feminine way a couple of times, which bothered me for continuity reasons. I was listening for it and she doesn't refer to it in the third person at all anymore. I'm not sure what the line was, but I don't think it was anything important.

Both of these edits seem to be for the best to me, so I'm not complaining. :cool:

Were there any other edits you noticed in the home vs the theatrical release? Has anyone compiled them?
By prodestrian
fleming421 wrote:In Gozer's temple, where the years of disasters were carved into the wall, it says "2021" now. I think it used to say "2019", since that was when the movie was originally planned to be released.
Actually it was always planned to be released in 2020, they were still filming in late 2019 (that's when Adam Savage visited the set). They digitally changed it to "2021" for the theatrical release (I remember watching the scene in the cinema and wondering if it would still say "2020").

You can see it in behind the scenes photos:
By UEF
Indeed, I remember seeing the 2021 in the cinema and eyeballing it to see if I could see any fuzzy pixels around the '1' :D

Although not even the filmmakers would've predicted that 2020 would've factored quite easily into that list of world-shaking years.
By mrmichaelt
fleming421 wrote:Also related to Gozer, after Phoebe says Gozer "isn't a he or a she", in the theatrical release, I remember Phoebe referred to Gozer in a feminine way a couple of times, which bothered me for continuity reasons. I was listening for it and she doesn't refer to it in the third person at all anymore. I'm not sure what the line was, but I don't think it was anything important.
Phoebe still does refer to Gozer as a female in the home release as does Shandor and the Ghostbusters.

When in the underground lab, when Phoebe explains what the plan is to the others, she says, "She needs both of them. No Gatekeeper, no Gozer."

Shandor refers to Gozer as 'goddess of gods,' Winston as well, " I think she remembers us," Ray, "She's uncrossing the streams!," and Peter, "Good try, anyway. Now we're finished, babe. We're finished."

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]