Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
Ok so i know this may be a bit pre mature at the time of posting, but tomarrow (Sep 1st) is the day the Plasma Series Wand is supposed to come out.

My goal is to buy 2 of them, one for display, one to mount to a spare unmodified Sprit halloween Pack. Thing is, I've never done anything remotely like this.

What I am thinking is buy an Alice Frame, Zip Tie it to the Proton pack, hack off its small proton wand, use the adaptor that comes with the Plasma Series wand, and duct tape it close on the split loom cable and attach the wand that way.

Now that said, that still doesn't solve the issue of the V Hook. Jason over at ghostbusters news.com recommends a metal v Hook... Problem is i have no idea which one to get? are they all diffrent sizes? are they standard size? etc.

Like i said, I've never done anything like this before, and i'm kinda terrified of spending alot of money and not being able to do this properly and messing up both the pack and the wand!

So any advice on how to proceed? I figure id hold off and wait until there is a more solid guide on how to do this.

Thoughts?
Not sure if a full size wand would look good a spirit pack, but if your going to here's what I suggest:
Probably get a cheap dixie cup mount ($15) or could get a nice v hook ($50+). Comes with male and female. All you need to do is drill couple of holes and bolt it up. Probably go with GB2 vhook they are available in the shop. Plus if you buy a shell down the road you can take the v Hook off your spirit. Not wasting money.

Loom should just come off the spirit wand, leave like an inch or so of wire and cut. Leave enough wire to crimp male and female ends. That way if you can plug your spirit back in if you wanted to

Would just zip tie wand to loom, duct tape can turn into mess over years. Might be a tight fit without anything. Check out spongeface and see what he made for the spirit pack, I thought he had upgraded brackets for for an alice pack, but not sure

Buy one see how you like it. Probably rather see you start saving for a shell/parts than buying two. I'm guessing with adapter you should be able to pull the wand off and on the loom pretty easily. If the spirit loom is too small you might have to buy split loom to go over it
ccv66 wrote:Not sure if a full size wand would look good a spirit pack, but if your going to here's what I suggest:
Probably get a cheap dixie cup mount ($15) or could get a nice v hook ($50+). Comes with male and female. All you need to do is drill couple of holes and bolt it up. Probably go with GB2 vhook they are available in the shop. Plus if you buy a shell down the road you can take the v Hook off your spirit. Not wasting money.

Loom should just come off the spirit wand, leave like an inch or so of wire and cut. Leave enough wire to crimp male and female ends. That way if you can plug your spirit back in if you wanted to

Would just zip tie wand to loom, duct tape can turn into mess over years. Might be a tight fit without anything. Check out spongeface and see what he made for the spirit pack, I thought he had upgraded brackets for for an alice pack, but not sure

Buy one see how you like it. Probably rather see you start saving for a shell/parts than buying two. I'm guessing with adapter you should be able to pull the wand off and on the loom pretty easily. If the spirit loom is too small you might have to buy split loom to go over it
sounds like a plan. thanks
I will say that I think a full size wand makes the spirit look a million times better. The wand on the spirit is really small compared to a full size one. I think it's Spongeface that sells a 3d print that fits in the pack side of the v-hook that allows you to use dixie cup holder or any other v-hooks, that's what I use.
I used a metal v-hook kit from Frankengeek Laboratories with some spacer washers to clear this part.
He has installation instruction on the page and a video. LINK: Wand Hook Kit

ImageThe textured black paint and real screws makes this look much better.
ImageI re used the original hose, just boiled the end to enlarge it to fit the threaded Spengler Wand end cap included with the stand parts bag, and added some of the same grip tape I used on the grip modification to the hose to make it look better.
Wand is removeable and screws on and off with ease.

ImageWhen the wand is not attached it hangs on the wall of my office.

I hope that helps.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]