By deadderek
Peter Geo wrote: January 11th, 2022, 11:23 pm I ordered 1 Hasbro Plus Afterlife proton pack with Spengler Wand and my wife just asked if I ordered two. We have two kids and it eventually will go to each of our kids… So daaam I should’ve ordered two.

Just wondering how do I pre-order another pack and wand or is it even possible?

Thanks

Pete
Here's the main FB group for the HasLab pack, looks like my reply was accidentally deleted when the threads were merged.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/haslabp ... ckmodders/

Some great people in the group, including actual Hasbro employees themselves. Post around in there.
Alphagaia wrote: January 12th, 2022, 10:41 pm If you wonder why you cannot see his signature, rotate your phone 90 degrees.
Ah yeah it shows up on my laptop but not my phone.

Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/haslabprotonpackclub

There were a couple people already looking to cancel I was like no, wait and sell to someone..
Peter Geo wrote: January 11th, 2022, 11:23 pm I ordered 1 Hasbro Plus Afterlife proton pack with Spengler Wand and my wife just asked if I ordered two. We have two kids and it eventually will go to each of our kids… So daaam I should’ve ordered two.

Just wondering how do I pre-order another pack and wand or is it even possible?

Thanks

Pete
ProtonPack83 liked this
Peter Geo wrote: January 13th, 2022, 11:22 am Thanks for your help

Hopefully I get lucky
Best of luck.
UEF wrote: January 14th, 2022, 3:00 am I know it feels like none are available now, but nearer the date, there will be loads. Probably an initial explosion of silly prices, then more reasonable prices
It'll be interesting to see how much the packs transact at once they're in hand.
oidoglr wrote: January 14th, 2022, 10:55 am
UEF wrote: January 14th, 2022, 3:00 am I know it feels like none are available now, but nearer the date, there will be loads. Probably an initial explosion of silly prices, then more reasonable prices
It'll be interesting to see how much the packs transact at once they're in hand.
I think it'll be something like that. An initial glut of high prices for those who want to exchange security for time - then later, as more come onto the market but fail to attract buyers at those high rates - lower prices.

There could be so many that these things go begging for years and original buyers don't make enough back to ship them out. Who knows.

Then maybe years down the line they creep up again. Or Hasbro releases a production GB84 pack that takes all that demand away.

Glad I won't have to worry about it, though.
oidoglr liked this
UEF wrote: January 14th, 2022, 12:46 pm
oidoglr wrote: January 14th, 2022, 10:55 am

I think it'll be something like that. An initial glut of high prices for those who want to exchange security for time - then later, as more come onto the market but fail to attract buyers at those high rates - lower prices.

There could be so many that these things go begging for years and original buyers don't make enough back to ship them out. Who knows.

Then maybe years down the line they creep up again. Or Hasbro releases a production GB84 pack that takes all that demand away.

Glad I won't have to worry about it, though.
I think it's gonna be totally the opposite. The prices you see now will be hard to find again in 1-2 years. As soon as they are all out and 1 year pass by, it will be harder to find, beacuse people that bought to sell have probably listed them already or will do shortly before or after the release. I don;t think someone will buy and sell thema fter 1-2 year of having them. That means that over the time less units wil be available, and per se, more increase in price due to the "exclusivity" and less options to find.

You just need to see what happened to other HASLAB products on ebay, like the Unicron form transformers, or Jabba Sail. They are getting expensive with time.
elussya liked this
UEF wrote: January 14th, 2022, 12:46 pm I think it'll be something like that. An initial glut of high prices for those who want to exchange security for time - then later, as more come onto the market but fail to attract buyers at those high rates - lower prices.
The Matty Traps and PKEs would seem to stand as proof the opposite is more likely, the HasLab Pack will probably maintain it's price, if not increase as the years go by.
ccv66, deadderek, elussya liked this
ccv66 wrote: January 15th, 2022, 12:28 am Depends on what you think decent prices are. Your going to see ridiculous prices around $2500.. but even when it drops it's probably still be around $1000. $750 will be a good price
When it first comes out and the market is flooded, they'll be around $750-800. Then the prices will slowly rise after.
Kingpin wrote: January 14th, 2022, 6:37 pm
UEF wrote: January 14th, 2022, 12:46 pm I think it'll be something like that. An initial glut of high prices for those who want to exchange security for time - then later, as more come onto the market but fail to attract buyers at those high rates - lower prices.
The Matty Traps and PKEs would seem to stand as proof the opposite is more likely, the HasLab Pack will probably maintain it's price, if not increase as the years go by.
Kingpin knows what's up.
Kingpin wrote: January 14th, 2022, 6:37 pm
Yep, as shown by the fact that I spent $375 on a Matty PKE a few months ago and they're going for even higher than that now.
deadderek liked this
Not sure if this should go here, another thread, or a new one, but due to how the Spengler wand will "interact" with the HasLab proton pack, Hasbro has had to reclassify the thrower from a Collector's Item to a roleplay toy. What does this mean? Well, it means it now has to comply with different rules forcing them to add an orange ring to the end of the barrel.

So, to those of us who ordered new throwers to go with our packs, we'll have a minor bit of painting/replacing/removing to do.
Hey guys,

I got this email form hasbro saying they are modifying a little thing on the new batch of Spengelr Wands, the tip seems to be Orange now, They say the change is due to the compatibility witht he Haslab Pack.... What do you guys think this can be for? Interactivity? they mention the connection witht he Haslab, but I think they are going more to the side of: "Since your gonna be going with a PP around, having an orange tip means its not a real weapon?" If so... isn't that move stupid to have on a Proton pack, that we all know its not real?

Lame!

The whole orange tip thing never made sense to me and this choice makes even less sense. I'm so thankful I picked up mine before this change. Sorry to all those that are going to have to make changes to their new wands to make them look less silly.
ProtonPack83 liked this
Lame but understandable. The HasLab Pack group on FB is going apeshit over it, and so are a ton of the other groups. Really bizarre over something that can be "fixed" within a couple minutes.
Spidon, Prime 1986, trekgod3 and 1 others liked this
kahuna900 wrote: January 18th, 2022, 11:45 am The whole orange tip thing never made sense to me and this choice makes even less sense.
The orange tips are designed to distinguish toy/cosplay guns from real ones. All you need is one unknowing convention security staffer or attendee to not recognise the Pack/thrower, and you could either be barred from the convention, or become involved in a security incident.
beadeddragon liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 18th, 2022, 12:41 pm
kahuna900 wrote: January 18th, 2022, 11:45 am The whole orange tip thing never made sense to me and this choice makes even less sense.
The orange tips are designed to distinguish toy/cosplay guns from real ones. All you need is one unknowing convention security staffer or attendee to not recognise the Pack/thrower, and you could either be barred from the convention, or become involved in a security incident.
I agree on putting the orange tips on cosplay guns, but on a Neutrona Wand? That's like putting a orange tip on a lightsaber hilt.
jonogunn wrote: January 18th, 2022, 1:07 pm I always understood the red tip for guns and stuff but I wonder what prompted them NOW to decide to do this?
It might've come in response to a convention adopting the orange tip guideline recently. Some conventions have changed their guidelines about firearms in the past few years.

Alternately it might've been a Hasbro staffer anticipating future use, and the guidelines getting tighter.
beadeddragon liked this
It’s obviously not a huge deal and it’s easily fixed but the more I think about it the more ridiculous. It’s ugly as hell in my mind brings the quality of the product down a notch or two. I’m talking straight out of the box quality.

Those who are going to conventions could read up on the rules and add such a detail themselves.
ProtonPack83, kahuna900 liked this

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]