By tobycj
MagicPrime wrote: October 12th, 2021, 12:41 pm Are there any options for a taller flight suit, other than the TruSpec 2XL Long?

I am 6'5" and this suit is nearly impossible to wear - it's just not long enough in the torso to fit me without hurting a LOT in the groin area.
Not sure if the 3XL Long might be longer in the leg, but your other option is to get a custom sized flightsuit from Magnoli Clothiers. They're a lot more expensive than a Tru-Spec, and a fairly long waitlist, but would be tailored to your exact size.
By tobycj
MagicPrime wrote: October 12th, 2021, 12:41 pm Are there any options for a taller flight suit, other than the TruSpec 2XL Long?

I am 6'5" and this suit is nearly impossible to wear - it's just not long enough in the torso to fit me without hurting a LOT in the groin area.
Not sure if the 3XL Long might be longer in the leg, but your other option is to get a custom sized flightsuit from Magnoli Clothiers. They're a lot more expensive than a Tru-Spec, and a fairly long waitlist, but would be tailored to your exact size.
By MagicPrime
Sadly I don't think a 3XL Long exists in the TruSpec. And it's my torso length more than my inseam that's causing the issue. Does anyone have any idea how much a custom suit costs? I realize it's probably in the $300+ zone. But just to have an idea.
By tobycj
MagicPrime wrote: October 13th, 2021, 6:51 am Sadly I don't think a 3XL Long exists in the TruSpec. And it's my torso length more than my inseam that's causing the issue. Does anyone have any idea how much a custom suit costs? I realize it's probably in the $300+ zone. But just to have an idea.
Ah bummer.

The Magnoli flightsuit is $215, plus shipping I assume. There's a six month lead time though.
By abaka
If he makes it to correct measurements, doesn't change the fabric without telling you, or doesn't do something stupid like make it inside out you can't go wrong with a Magnoli suit
tobycj liked this
By Dremen
So it seems like I've grown a bit big for my 2XL Long Tru-Spec suit...
The crotch is a bit tight and feels like I'm constantly being pulled into a hunch, the arms are too short and getting out of suit is problematic since it makes me feel trapped since its too tight.

Since its time to "upgrade" I figure I might as well do the look I want to do which is a Black suit. Any suggestions on buying a Rothco? Or would that even be a viable option? I see conflicting reports on the inseam, some people say the larger sizes are 34, some say all sizes have a 32 inseam.
By PumpinIron
Without going through pages, can anyone tell me what size suit I should buy?

I am 5’8, 200 lbs, 40” chest, and a very athletic / muscular build.

Also, any suggestions on where to buy from?
By kind2311
I recommend getting custom-fit Magnoli suit. They're around $220, but they're high quality and look much better than a Nomex or Tru-Spec.

If you're gonna go the Nomex route, search ebay for "CWU27/p Desert Tan". If you can find a "summer" one, that's even better as it will be lighter and more breathable. You'll probably want a 46R considering your chest size.
By GhostFaceX
PumpinIron wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 3:15 pm Without going through pages, can anyone tell me what size suit I should buy?

If you get a Tru-Spec, get XL
By kind2311
GhostFaceX wrote: December 5th, 2021, 7:01 am
PumpinIron wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 3:15 pm Without going through pages, can anyone tell me what size suit I should buy?

Unless you absolutely can't fit in a Nomex(like in my case, since I was a chonker), I'd stay away from Tru Spec. They're ok, but the fabric is too synthetic, and as such doesn't have the same look in terms of how the light hits it, and also how the suit "hangs" when being worn. Tru-Spec's design also omits the accurate thigh and knife pockets.

If you choose Magnoli, they only make custom-sized suits, so even if you got a big tummy, you can still get a proper fit with highly accurate fabric, color, and construction.
Kingpin liked this
By GhostFaceX
kind2311 wrote: December 7th, 2021, 12:19 pm
GhostFaceX wrote: December 5th, 2021, 7:01 am

Unless you absolutely can't fit in a Nomex(like in my case, since I was a chonker), I'd stay away from Tru Spec. They're ok, but the fabric is too synthetic, and as such doesn't have the same look in terms of how the light hits it, and also how the suit "hangs" when being worn. Tru-Spec's design also omits the accurate thigh and knife pockets.

If you choose Magnoli, they only make custom-sized suits, so even if you got a big tummy, you can still get a proper fit with highly accurate fabric, color, and construction.
Huge price difference though
By kind2311
GhostFaceX wrote: December 7th, 2021, 8:00 pm Huge price difference though
It is absolutely worth every penny. The suit is something you should not skimp on if you want to look the part.
By BennyP
Just received my TruSpec suit in the post. Really pleased with it. Unfortunately my body shape is unusual, short but broad, so it fits perfectly apart from the legs which are a bit long. However in GB the suits are baggy so this isn’t a problem at all.

Have my elbow pads and belt arriving from GBFans soon, as have my GB and name patches, so now just need to get some fobs and boots to complete the look (as well as my Hasbro pack and wand, but that’ll be a while yet as we all know).

One question I have regarding the patches… the flight suit comes with some Velcro for the name badge, is it worth sticking it on with that, sewing or trying to glue it on? Need to do the logo patch as well on the shoulder, however that will need to be sewed or glued on.

I’ve decided that if I lose some weight, then as a treat I’m going to order myself a bespoke suit from Magnoli…
By tobycj
BennyP wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 6:46 am Just received my TruSpec suit in the post. Really pleased with it. Unfortunately my body shape is unusual, short but broad, so it fits perfectly apart from the legs which are a bit long. However in GB the suits are baggy so this isn’t a problem at all.

Have my elbow pads and belt arriving from GBFans soon, as have my GB and name patches, so now just need to get some fobs and boots to complete the look (as well as my Hasbro pack and wand, but that’ll be a while yet as we all know).

One question I have regarding the patches… the flight suit comes with some Velcro for the name badge, is it worth sticking it on with that, sewing or trying to glue it on? Need to do the logo patch as well on the shoulder, however that will need to be sewed or glued on.

I’ve decided that if I lose some weight, then as a treat I’m going to order myself a bespoke suit from Magnoli…
The velcro is probably in the wrong place, so I would unpick the stitching and remove it. I'd advise sewing the patches on, rather than ironing/gluing them on, that way if you ever want to swap them to another suit, or replace them, it's easy to do.
Smokey7486 liked this
By moore1991
Hi there I’m all new to this what is the most accurate movie flight suit I have been looking at the CWU 27/P Nomex Flight Suit Air Force Tan I’m just very confused on what size to get and then make a mistake I’m British and iv never ordered a flight suit any help would be very appreciated I’m a 32 inch leg inseam
By Sgurk Von Spankraght
moore1991 wrote: February 12th, 2022, 1:59 am Hi there I’m all new to this what is the most accurate movie flight suit I have been looking at the CWU 27/P Nomex Flight Suit Air Force Tan I’m just very confused on what size to get and then make a mistake I’m British and iv never ordered a flight suit any help would be very appreciated I’m a 32 inch leg inseam
Well, this might help: https://carterny.com/sizes/
It helped me figure out if the second hand Carter CWU flight suit I just bought on Ebay would fit me. Will know for sure when it arrives but I guess it'll do.
And I hope it ships soon because I ordered it from...Ukraine. The best I could find at a good price and shipping to Belgium. Fingers crossed...
By moore1991
Thank u so much still all abit confusing and I gotta measure everything it says on link then match up with what size on the chart you sent I really appreciate your help
By moore1991
Just I don’t get the measurements and how they are layed out I don’t know weather to get a custom suit made or get a CWU-27/p suit iv never had to measurement for a flight suit I’m scared
By CitizenBuster
My opinion is just get a flight suit off of Ebay or Amazon. You can use your pant inseam and shirt size to judge what size you need. Most flightsuits go off of chest size. If you know your chest circumference, just get next size bigger. Example, 46 chest, go up to 48 for comfort. Custom measured suits are awesome. But very long wait time.
moore1991 liked this
By moore1991
Hi guys again iv done measurements

Chest - 48 inches
Back length - 24 inches
Waist -47 inches
Inseam - 32 inches
Sleeve length- 24 inches

I’m 5ft8 from U.K what size would u suggest guys so that it’s not tight or extremely baggy do I go up one chest size from the 48 inches
By CitizenBuster
I personally would get regular. I have a regular and long. The long is really long. I'm 5'11 and the long is a lot to try and stuff in boots.
By moore1991
Thank you so much for the help I really really appreciate it it wouldn’t be tight around the crotch area would it if u don’t mind me asking and again thank you so much
By CitizenBuster
The regular for me fits great. Not too long. Plenty of crotch looseness. This is from trial and error in the last 2 and a half months or so. I've bought 6 or more flightsuits off of Ebay. The first i bought was my chest size without going up one. It fit really snug in all categories. Between the 3 main brands of Carter, Propper and Tru Spec, I like Propper the best. It fits most comfortable and fabric just feels better to me.
moore1991 liked this
By moore1991
What is the propper brand is that the CWU 27/P nomex flight suit as that’s what I’m looking at and I just hate stuff to tight around my crotch area or it feels uncomfortable when either bending over or anything as long as a 50R it’s all a lose fitting then I’ll be a happy man lol and Christ lord of money spent then :walterpeck:
By CitizenBuster
Yes, that that's the Propper suit i have. The paint sands off easy to exspose brass zippers if you wanna get that into it. Takes time though, but worth doing it. I think you'll be fine with regular, but go long if you want a lot of droop in the crotch. Might have to roll up legs a little.
moore1991 liked this
By moore1991
What do u mean more dropping in the crotch area if I went large what do u honestly suggest 50R or 50L with the measurements I provided and yeh iv seen a video on YouTube about the zippers I will be doing that as that was in the movies

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]